Risk- and Insurance management
SwanAdvisory

Risk- and Insurance management centred around the changing reality.

SwanAdvisory offers advice in the area of risk- and insurance management. In essence SwanAdvisory assists organizations in mapping insurable and uninsurable risks that have a material impact on business continuity.

In the current environment only about 20% of the enterprise risks can be catered for with conventional insurance solutions.

In the current environment only about 20% of the enterprise risks can be catered for with conventional insurance solutions. Many insurance brokers do not address this aspect and ignore the other 80% by not looking at the overall risk profile and risk bearing capacity of an organization.

Organizations face many recent challenges over which they have very little control. The globalization of supply chains, climate change, pandemics, labour shortages, acceleration of digitization and the speed of change in legislation create many new risks that companies need to deal with. So called ‘grey swans’ like COVID, digital threats, natural catastrophes, raw material and component shortages can all have a material impact on business continuity. Companies are often not prepared to tackle these challenges.

Often businesses also see an insurance policy as the only solution to manage risk. A lack of loss mitigation measures and inadequate insurance cover exposes the threat of litigation and possible personal liability for directors and officers.

The here and now demands thinking in risk scenarios. It pays to investigate if your most impactful risks are adequately covered.

SwanAdvisory offers advice in the area of risk- and insurance management. In essence SwanAdvisory assists organizations in mapping insurable and uninsurable risks that have a material impact on business continuity. Subsequently we assess how best these risks can be mitigated. Preventative measures and optimizing the insurance portfolio play an important role in order to achieve this.

You cannot look at your insurance portfolio in isolation, we strongly believe that this must be seen in the total perspective of an organizations risk profile. Only then you can take the right decisions about loss mitigation and how to optimize your risk budget.

Who do we work for.

We focus our servicing on (inter)nationally operating corporates, Private Equity firms, family offices, municipalities, public sector and scale-ups.